· 2 lbs. Brussel sprouts, cleaned and stems trimmed
· ¼ Purple cabbage, shredded thin
· 2 Large carrots, shredded
· 1 c. Apricots, dried, diced small
· ¼ c. Maple syrup, pure
· 2 Tbsp Mustard, whole grain
· ¼ c. Apple cider vinegar
· 3/4 c. Extra virgin olive oil
· ½ c. Pumpkin seeds, roasted
· ¼ c. Hemp hearts (optional)
Using a mandolin or the wide blade of a box grater, slice the Brussels thin, cutting them the long way so the core holds the slices together.
Toss together with shredded cabbage, carrots, and dried apricots.
In a non-reactive bowl, whisk together maple syrup, mustard, and vinegar until well combined. Continue whisking vigorously while adding the olive oil in a slow, steady stream until the dressing is emulsified.
Pour dressing over mixture and toss well to combine. Refrigerate until serving.
Immediately before serving, toss again to redistribute the dressing and garnish the slaw with pumpkin seeds and hemp hearts. NOTE: be sure not to toss pumpkin seeds and hemp hearts into slaw right away as the dressing will make them soggy; unless you’re into that in which case, you do you.
Grow well, eat well, be well!